HOUSEHOLDS might be provided meals for thought on slicing grocery payments and decreasing their carbon footprint by minimising the quantity of meals they throw away this week.
Oxfordshire County Council is supporting nationwide marketing campaign Meals Waste Motion Week.
All through the week, there might be recommendations on benefiting from your leftovers, storing meals correctly, the way to store extra successfully by planning your meals, plus the possibility to win devices that can show you how to cut back your meals waste.
Data might be shared all week on the council’s social media channels on Fb and Twitter and individuals are inspired to make use of the hashtag #foodwasteactionweek.
Councillor Yvonne Constance, Oxfordshire County Council Cupboard Member for Atmosphere, stated: “There actually is not any draw back in terms of decreasing meals waste. It saves households cash, reduces the quantity of garbage that results in our bins to be disposed of, and is the environmentally pleasant possibility. The Meals Waste Motion Week marketing campaign will spotlight small modifications we will all make to minimise the quantity of meals we throw away every week.”
Residents who become involved by voting in varied polls might be entered right into a prize draw the place they will win devices equivalent to:
• Silicone bowl lids to protect leftovers.
• Bag clips to maintain meals recent in cabinets, fridges or freezers.
• Measuring spoons to get portion sizes appropriate.
• A silicone spatula to scrape all of the meals out of cans, jars and bowls.
• A magnetic meal planner to plan purchasing journeys and keep away from overbuying.
• A magnetic meals storage wheel to indicate one of the best ways to maintain totally different meals recent.
For information updates straight to your inbox, signal as much as our publication here.
Have you ever received a narrative for us? Contact our newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 425 445.